I have left this to be the last review in this month of Stallone movies, because this is my absolute favorite movie of all time and I have no idea why people don't like it! You'll see why in a minute.
A period piece set in the 30's during the prohibition: Angelo "Snaps" Provolone is a gangster who promises his father to become an honest man. The events take place on one day from morning to noon. Provolone is woken up by his accountant who wishes to marry his daughter.
"- Congratulations on your daughter marrying Bruce Underwood.
- Oh, I'm afraid there has been a slight change father, she is now marrying an Italian boy: Anthony Rossano.
- That's all for the better! Nothing like a big Italian wedding! Anthony Rossano!
- Well, forget Anthony, she is not marrying him anymore.
- Well, that's a shame! But she is young. Someday she'll find the right one.
- She's found the right one.
- Dr. Poole?!
- Get back in the room!
- Looks like a nice young man.
- Why is she marrying Dr. Poole? She barely knows him!
- She barely knew the chauffer too!
- Don't drag out Oscar in front of the father!
- Who's Oscar?
- Why isn't she marrying Anthony?
- Because Anthony is marrying Theresa!
- Who's Theresa?
- Look, it's really very simple, but I ain't got time to explain it, I gotta call Norah.
- Who's Norah?
- Our maid.
- Now you fired the maid?
- No, she quit to marry Bruce Underwood!
- When did that happen?
- I don't know! Somewhere between my vest and my pants.
- This is all very confusing."
Watch it? Please do! Let's change that imdb rating ;)
This was #StalloneMonth. I plan another one this year to talk about the classics, Rocky and Rambo of course, and some other flops that now have a special nostalgic place in our hearts! Until the next item on my list!